Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Star no more

Who's Ugly dog is this? Sadly that is me...Star, no longer the Star of All Shih Tzu.


Are you sad? I am! and Momma too. But that's OK, my hair will grow back and before you know it, I'd be the Star of All Shih Tzu's again.

Why cut my hair? Well, for those who don't know. Shih Tzu's like me "change coat" at about eight to twelve months of age. During this stage, our hair can get matted faster than anyone can brush. Momma can no longer keep up detangling my hair especially that I walk every morning, sometimes we even walk again at night when Momma gets home from work. However, this is temporary stage that usually lasts for about three weeks, and once I have changed from my puppy coat to my adult coat, Momma will find my hair easier to care for. Dirty coats also mat more easily.

One reason is that with my short hair, it will be easy for Dr. Hurst and her assistants to perform for my spaying surgery this thursday. After the surgery I won't be allowed to bath for at least 14 days, so it would be easy for Momma to just wipe me with a damp towel to freshen me up. I am getting so nervous and scared about this surgery so I'll let you know how it goes.

Did you know how sad my Momma was when she saw my new haircut? She cried when we got home because she told the groomer to leave at least 2 inches of my hair. She said Sorry to me many times while she was crying infront of me. Even Dada was shocked when he got home from work. She texted Momma...are you sure you got the right dog? This isn't Star!

Well, I felt strange at first. I felt so naked without my hair but my parents assured me that I will always be thier cute and pretty little baby Star.

2 comments:

chd86 said...

just browsing some blog then i saw yours, why feel sad with short hair? you can ask your momma to dress you when your gonna walk in public places or just dress you for fun, i can still remeber when my son, "Milo", when his hair needed to cut shorter than you have, when you touch him, it feels like he doesn't have any hair, at first i can't look at him even for a few seconds, his granny scolded me for not taking care of his hair, but after a few weeks, we all liked it because he looks like a month old puppy, he is so cute and adorable just like the first time we saw him! well... actually we didn't let his hair grow longer anymore, we maintained his look that way, people mistaken him for a puppy though his a year and half old already, we also bought him lots of clothes... and he is also comfortable with it...

Star said...

hi chris, thanks for stopping by. actually my hair has grown about an inch and half probably by now. and my mom likes it esp. when she gives me a bath. it won't take long for her to dry my hair, she just let me run around and air dry. so, do u have photos of Milo that I can look at?