Sunday, December 10, 2006

Vaccinating for Kennel Cough

I was due for Bordetella vaccine (kennel cough) today at Annehurts Clinic. It is similar to human cold flu. Symptoms are fever, swollen tonsils or lymph nodes and a deep, "honking" keep-you-and-the-dog-up-all-night cough that takes weeks to go away. But before that, we went to Petsmart for a Santa picture taking. I was all excited since Momma bathed me this morning until but I got scared when I saw Santa. He was an old man with very long beard. He wore red santa suite but no eyeglasses. I don't wanna go near him unless Momma will pose with me. It came with 2 polaroid photo's and 2 picture frame. $5 of if will go to the benefit of homeless dogs. Good idea right? Then we went shopping for winter coat. I will show you some photo next time with my coat and sweater on, ok?


We head out to the vet and I was told that I am in good shape. Doc wanted me to stay active and stay on my weight which is 13.6 lbs. She checked my heart, eyes and ears, teeth and then gave me a shot. Its painful but I took it with courage. And then she give me a nasal application. I was also given a heart worm tablets that will last a year. I will be back after 4 weeks for some booster. My parents were also adviced to get me a ladder to discourage me from jumping at high level. You see, in human age I am 17 years old now. We pretty much grow old very quick so they wanted to prevent back injury for me. Here's the much awaited photos of me today.

IMG_3018IMG_3023

We are on our way to the Vet and as soon as we got there they took me into this big weighing machine and was told that my weight is just right - 13.6 lbs.

IMG_3028

..and here's a good shot from the vet's room, after I was being checked.

No comments: