Thursday, December 01, 2005

My First Vet Visit

Dada JJ had his early doctor's appointment today. Before he left, he gave me some water just infront of the fence. I accidently stepped on it and makes my hands and feet wet. Glad Momma Elise came. She picked me up and dried my wet hands and feet.

She had me rested for awhile after she gave me a good breakfast. And then the most exciting part - play time! She had to go for work though but its OK because Dada came from his doc's appointment. He didn't go to work. We both took a nap in his cozy couch. About 1PM he had me ready for my first veterinary checkup.

This is my crate where he put me for our car ride to the clinic. At first I am a little bit unhappy but JJ assured me everything will be OK. I was nervous as to what they gonna do with me at the clinic.






Here is a picture of the clinic. It was a huge place with all this colorful paintings on the wall and a colorful flooring. I am not sure if you can see it clearly but these photo's were taken from JJ's smartphone. There were a lot of dog's patients like me but I was the youngest and according to those girls working at the clinic...I was the cutest! :)



Here are some of the clinic stuff they prepared to use for me. First off, a lady attendant inserted a thermometer in my butt to get my temperature. I didn't like it at all!






This is me sitting while waiting for my doctor to check on me. He started checking my eyes, ears my heart bit, my mouth and gums.They took a stool sample from me and checked for heartworms. We will be back to get my lab test result in few days. They were supposed to do some grooming on me like cutting my nails but good ol breeder of mine - Julie already did! Thanks to her. I remember after all those checkups, the doc talked to JJ. He adviced him that I am at the age where I have to be introduced to socialization.

Overall, I am a healthy little puppy. That makes Dada and Momma happy. When we got home, Dada and I had a nap and when Momma got home we played again...until I was worn out. I still whine and cry at night even if my place was a little bit bigger now.

1 comment:

Elenora Coward said...

It’s good news that you are in perfect shape! It just shows how good and responsible Dada and Momma are. Don’t be too mischievous. Only happiness, all smiles! Cheers!