Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tampuhan


Let's learn some Tagalog language. This picture show's when Sunny and I had "tampuhan" which basically means lover's quarrel, often manifested in total silent treatment or not speaking terms.

Usually, tampo in Filipino culture is manifested in non-verbal ways, such as not talking to other people, keeping to one's self, being unusually quiet, not joining friends in group activities, not joining family outing, or simply locking one's self in his or her room.

So why the tampuhan between me and Sunny?! What else but over small things like toy! One afternoon, Dada came home from the office with a "pasalubong" (gift) for each of us which is a basketball toy. We both were very excited to play. After about a week, Momma realized Sunny made a hole on his new toy. What a destroyer! Now, he wanted to borrow mine but I don't want him to play with it too long, afraid that he might destroy it....now he isn't talking to me.

1 comment:

Simba and Jazzi said...

I have been nomimated for the awesome blog awards!! How cool it that. Please vote for me.

Simba xx